Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dessert: Chocolate Zucchini Bunt Cake

I saw this recipe online, it looked very good so I had to try it because when I am in the mood for sweets I have to make something happen lol. So I used the ingredients I had in my pantry already.

2 cups of finely grated zucchini 
After grating the zucchini add salt, place on sieve, mix both and let the water drain for about 
an hour. After the hour, squeeze as much water left as possible and put aside.
In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients: 2 cups of almond flour, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder,
1/3 cup of soy flour, 1/3 cup of unflavored whey protein powder, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp 
of cinnamon, 1/2 xanthan gum.
Beat 1/2 cup of butter with 2/3 cup of Truvia Baking Blend, until it is smoothly combined.
Then beat in 4 eggs, zucchini, and 1tsp vanilla extract.
Then add half of the dry ingredients, add 1/3 cup almond milk, and then add the rest of dry
Ingredients. Beat all together until well combined.
Spread batter into pan and put in 325 degrees oven for 45 minutes. 
Then make the glaze, melt one stick of butter, 2 oz of chocolate, 3 tsp truvia baking blend,
And 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
Pour glaze on top of chocolate and spread evenly.
Time to eat!
This recipe was by blog, "All Day I Dream About Food" for the exact recipe check it out :)









No comments:

Post a Comment